Many people want to become better in some capacity. Better people, better citizens of society. At the same time, there are so many ways of which people can improve themselves that often times, people don’t know where to start. I can tell you that there isn’t a true blueprint of things for people to follow in order to evolve, but there are many insightful coaches, mentors, and motivational speakers that have developed a list of actions that were beneficial to their growth. The list below is a short and sweet list for one to practice if he or she is interested in improving their lives as a human being while giving love and light to the world around them.
By Leo Babauta
- Say thank you to everything and everyone, even to your grief and those who frustrate you.
- Ask how you want to use this gift of a day.
- See this moment as the most important moment in the world, and don’t wait to be happy.
- Do every task out of love for someone else, and yourself.
- To make better habits, put everything you have into small steps. And ask for help.
- Travel lighter, pack fewer fears.
- Overcome procrastination by sitting with one task, not letting yourself run from discomfort.
- One thing at a time.
- See discomfort as no big deal.
- Ask yourself how you want to spend your one wild and precious life.